So... I'm a delinquent. I know. I'm sorry.
Today was a really good day. Dan and I got a whole lot accomplished. Well, at least it felt like it. :)
I think one of the best parts of the day was going to the temple. I love that he and I can go together. It was hard to even want to go when he couldn't. I think I probably only did a couple of times. We've gone a few times in the last few weeks that he's had his recommend. It has been glorious.
I loved the way that the temple ceremony today really made me think about how blessed I am, and how grateful I am for the Savior and His Atonement. We would truly be lost with no way home without it and Him. I'm so thankful for the way that attending the temple helps me draw nearer to the Lord and motivates me to be a better person.
Another fun part of this session was that the baby was so active! I could feel her wiggling and moving around. Especially in the Creation Room (which seemed rather fitting).
It's so strange and surreal for me, this life that I'm living right now. For so long I watched the people around me getting married and having families. And I wanted it. So very badly at times. But it just didn't happen. For years I was the single one. Those things that I wanted were just not part of my life, so I disconnected and distanced myself from them because it hurt too much to keep those righteous desires close and to hope for them very much. I even got to the point where I doubted that I'd ever get married in this life, let alone have children. I wished that I could resign myself to my spinster-hood, but I kept clinging to that blasted little bit of hope that I wouldn't get to be the Crazy Old Cat Lady that I planned on being.
And then it happened. And so quickly. The right guy FINALLY came along and realized how amazing I am. And in no time at all I was married and then pregnant. And I have to keep reminding myself that this really is my life! That all of this is in actuality happening to ME! It's not easy by any means, of course. It sometimes feels like we face one trial after another. But we've been so blessed, too! Blessing after blessing has come our way.
Life is so strange and wonderful all at the same time. God definitely knows what He's doing, and it's fun when I actually let myself see the plan He has for me.
So, as I've done before, I will try to do better at posting on here. No promises, though...
Till next time!
I am SO VERY PROUD of you!! I am also so happy for you and your little growing family! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete