Monday, December 23, 2013

Beginning

Teri has scolded me, so I am getting to work. Things have been so busy, as it always is this time of year, but I've still had lots of ideas percolating in my brain. Don't worry, I've written them down. :)

I've had such a great desire to write of late. I took a creative writing class at BYU and not only enjoyed it thoroughly but also learned a couple of things about myself - namely that I suck at fiction but I do pretty darned well at personal essays. And I realized that blogging is pretty much that. Perfect!

The last year and a half has been a crazy whirlwind for me. Initially I thought I'd make my first post about the changes that I've experienced. I'd give a paragraph to each event. It would be a good beginning. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had too much to say about each thing to only be able to cover it in a paragraph. And I also began to see that the sheer number of things would make a single post way too long.

As a consequence, I'm going to be breaking them up and telling my story about them. I also plan to put other things in along the way. I have really high hopes for the creative opportunity I've been presented with here. I hope I can do myself justice. :)

So here is the goal that I'm going to make: write a blog once a week. There, I've put it in writing and shared it with others. It's official.

And now Teri can forgive me for my delinquency! Hurray! I hope I'm off her ooky-pooky list (as my mother would say). And I really do want to make a good go at this. Crossing the fingers and saying the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment